moderated Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

David Griffith

I use a solution which is I suppose is 3/4 accessible. Snapshot will allow a fully accessible disc image backup. Provided you can get into Windows at all the restore of the image is also a fully accessible. You simply select the image you want to restore to and Snapshot will simply restart your computer and about 20 minutes later you will hear your screen reader announce your Windows login for the restored image. I have done this several times with success without sighted help. Where it falls down is if your system is in such a state it cannot boot into Windows. The developers provide an ISO file to create a bootable CD drive but of course there is no speech here on that disc. They did tell me what I needed to type once the CD loaded to restore windows but in practice in these situations I have always resorted to sighted help and a fresh windows install.
David Griffith

On 3 May 2020, at 17:44, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

Tom,
If you boot to Win PE, you can use 7Zip to zip up your HD and unzip it if you need to at a later time.
Also, when you do this, you can delete two system files that are temp files, and will save you the amount of twice your RAM.
So if you have 4GB of RAM, you can save 8GB by deleting pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys before zipping up your HD, and windows will recreate those two files on boot-up.
They are just temp files Windows uses as virtual memory.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Behler
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2020 11:31 AM
Subject: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

Hello.

I know this has been addressed before, but could someone suggest an accessible system backup image program that is easy to use independently, and that works well with Jaws?

I routinely back up all my files, but would like to be able to back up my complete hard drive if possible.

Until now, I’ve always understood that these backup image programs have accessibility issues at certain points, but perhaps I’m wrong.

Tom Behler