moderated Re: the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 12:09 PM, Bill White wrote:
If I get one of those messages from Windows 10 saying that a program is not responding
Have you tried ALT+Tabbing to something else and waiting it out?  I get the occasional "Not Responding" message, too, but it almost always resolves itself given sufficient time (which can be a few seconds to a few minutes).  Everything else keeps working.

Now, if it's JAWS itself that goes into "Not responding" mode, you're really kinda stuck.  I've actually never had a screen reader go into that state, but I can't see any reason why they'd be immune to it and I imagine some have landed in this quandary.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss