moderated Re: Used alt D to get to address bar

David Griffith

I don’t think this is correct.  This problem really is not at all site specific. For example this exact problem has been replicated on the RNIB Reading Services site and as another example the Sainsburys Shopping site.

Luckily though in those sites pressing F5 to refresh does not, unlike my bank site dump me out and require a re-login, so is an acceptable work around.

The problem did not exist on FireFox  so a return there may be an option.

David Griffith

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 29 April 2020 22:58
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Used alt D to get to address bar

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 05:50 PM, Dan Longmore wrote:

you make me curious to know if this is a Chrome issue.

I will never say never, but I will say it's unlikely.   It's far more likely to be something in the way the page is coded.  Testing in New Edge should be enough to determine whether things are consistent across Chromium-based browsers.  If, and only if they are, then testing in other browsers to see how they behave would be the next step.

I'd definitely report the issue to the entity that owns a given page, though.  It's often behind-the-scenes communication between business entities and Google with regard to this sort of issue that gets it ironed out in short order.  One or the other "side" of the issue generally figures out who/what is to blame.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.