moderated Re: Braille commands question

Marianne Denning

I want everyone to realize that the Orbit Reader was designed to be a reader rather than a display so it does not have many standard display  commands. It also does not have cursor routing keys.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ann
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 3:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Braille commands question

Oh, I hate to hear this as I'm waiting for my new  Orbit to arrive, hopefully on Friday. I can't believe there would not be such a basic keyboard command already mapped out.

I can do this on a Refreshabraille 18 display, but this display has  n extra key called the Aux space bar. I press this key, and dots 2 5 6, and this emulates an Alt+F4.

It may have also be possible on a BrailleNote MPower, but I can't remember the exact keys that were u sed.

~Ann

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 09:41 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

On another list, a question was asked how to do alt+f4 from a braille display.

He has the Orbit, which doesn’t seem to have a command like that.

Do other braille displays have that ability.  At least the ability say to toggle the alt key, or control key to on then the ability to hit f4?

All information is welcome on any display so I can pass that information along.

Thanks,

Richard