From: epierce@surewest.net
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:39 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Jaws acting very strange!

Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) by default is 32 bit, you have to hunt around in the Windows start menu to get to the 64 bit version of IE, so you are probably not using it.

Jaws11 just plain does not work well with Windows 7 64 bit on some systems.

You only hope is probably to wait to upgrade to Jaws13. Sorry!

You may wish to consider re-installing Jaws11 as a last resort, but that is not very likely to solve any problem
Thanks,

In general there are few, if any, performance benefits from using 64 bit applications in and of themselves. The main benefit to 64 bit, given the current Microsoft architecture, is that you can use more than 4GB of RAM (memory). This is useful if you certain resource-intensive applications, such as graphics programs, database applications, etc., or are a developer.

Please note that the "Home Basic" version of Windows 7 64 bit only supports up to 8GB RAM, to use more you need "Home Premium" or to go over 16GB, any of "Professional", "Ultimate", or "Enterprise" versions.