moderated Re: Links, Feature To Read Links Across Verses In a List

Sean Murphy

Let me go into more depth.

Tabindex is the attribute which effects tab order. If this is set to 0, then
the way in which the page is loaded into the browser is the tab order. If a
positive value is used which is a WCAG 2.1 failure. Then the focus order
will change. If a button is activated and this shows new content. Depending
on how the developer has developed the page. The content could appear at the
bottom of the virtual buffer (been inserted at the end of the dom) or
inserted after the button. So the next item Jaws sees is the new content
which is correct behaviour. The page should never use a positive value to
achieve tab order as it breaks things very quickly.

The difference between simple and document mode for Jaws is if the link and
other elements are presented on their own lines or not. The default document
view you will have links and other elements on different lines when using
the down arrow. In document view, the link will be a part of the paragraph
text. The tab order is still the same.

A lot of web sites use a tabindex -1 to change the tab order of items
depending on what you have done on the page.

Sean

From: Frank Ventura <mailto:frank.ventura@littlebreezes.com>

Hi all, there is a setting in JAWS that allows a person to read links on a
web page left to right as they are viewed by a sighted person, instead of
the normal up and down. It has been in for a few versions of JAWS. Can
anyone think of the name of that feature?

Thanks

Frank Ventura

From: Randy
PRESS JAWS KEY PLUS 6 THEN TYPE IN DOCUMENT PRESENTATION AND YOU WILL SEE
THE SETTING.
Randy

From: Norma A. Boge
Hi Frank,
I?m pretty sure it?s Document Presentation Mode. Apologies in advance if I
send you down the wrong path.

HTH

Norma

From: Mike B.

Document Presentation Mode is in the Settings Center

Document Presentation Mode is here, Web / HTML / PDFs / Navigation

Mike

[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com