moderated Re: Links, Feature To Read Links Across Verses In a List

Peter Tesar

I've noticed this issue.

On some web pages the links are on the same line and sometimes they are on separate lines.

I made no changes to the Jaws settings.

Now that you brought this to our attention, I'll try to notice a pattern.

Maybe it depends on the web browser, I regularly switch between IE11, Firefox and Chrome.

Maybe it depends on the web page.

Peter T.

On 4/25/2020 2:55 PM, Bill White wrote:

Hi again, Judy. Here's what JAWS says about Document Presentation:

This option controls how JAWS formats virtual documents.

Select Simple Layout to have links, form fields, buttons, and other page controls display on a separate line. This is the default setting if Smart Navigation is not enabled.

Select Screen Layout to have pages rendered in the virtual buffer in a way that is similar to what a sighted user sees on the screen. If page controls visually appear on the same line, then they will appear on the same line in the virtual buffer. In addition, all items in a single table row display on the same line. Table cells are separated by a vertical bar.

Screen Layout is used when Smart Navigation is set to Controls or Controls and Tables and cannot be changed while Smart Navigation is active.

I don't have Smart Navigation enabled, yet this seems to make no difference.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Judy
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2020 11:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Links, Feature To Read Links Across Verses In a List

What do you call it if you want to read the links vertically? I went to the settings and thought I chose what I should with simple view and the choice for vertical and saved it but things are still read horizontally. What did I miss? Judy & Libby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2020 1:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Links, Feature To Read Links Across Verses In a List

Original Message 

Hi all, there is a setting in JAWS that allows a person to read links on a web page left to right as they are viewed by a sighted person, instead of the normal up and down. It has been in for a few versions of JAWS. Can anyone think of the name of that feature?

Thanks

Frank Ventura

PRESS JAWS KEY PLUS 6 THEN TYPE IN DOCUMENT PRESENTATION  AND YOU WILL SEE THE SETTING.
Randy

Hi Frank,
I’m pretty sure it’s Document Presentation Mode. Apologies in advance if I send you down the wrong path.

HTH

Norma

Document Presentation Mode is in the Settings Center

Document Presentation Mode is here, Web / HTML / PDFs / Navigation

Mike

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.