From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Friday 24 April 2020 14:34
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws 2020 not starting correctly.

might that be the JAWS feature touted as new in either 2019 or 2020,
saying that JAWS will speak before checking your authorization, so
you don't have to wait so long to hear that it is running. However,
it doesn't do anything till it makes internal checks and decides what
context you are running in. So in my opinion it is a totally useless
change which FS calls an improvement.
At 07:59 AM 4/24/2020, you wrote:
Hi Mike,

I have tried all this, I tried to post a full message about
everything last night, but it was not approved. I think it was too big.
Regardless of what I do with jaws2020 (login screen etc), the first
time it starts up, there is no window to go to.
Insert+j brings you nowhere whether it is running from system tray or not.
If you shut it down (insert+f4) and then restart it, everything is
ok. If you don't start it at the login screen, it still produces no window.
Pat

Sent from my gmail account.