moderated Re: Goldwave or Audacity?

JM Casey

Or maybe an older version of Audacity. It's been around for a while and I'm sure there are old versions available that will work with loads of systems. I first remember using it in 2011 or 2010 I believe and it wasn't exactly new then.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Craig Cooper
Sent: April 20, 2020 10:53 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Goldwave or Audacity?

When I used Audacity a couple of years ago, it tended to crash the computer. However, this was an old machine, and I've been told that a newer laptop would work fine with the program.

On 4/20/20, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:
Hi.
Reaper is not that much more costly than Goldwave at all.
It's definitely more powerful, versatile and so on.
But it's also much, much more complex piece of software. There is a
considerable learning curve if you haven't used serious DAWs before.
At least I find it so -- your milage may vary.
So again it depends on what you'd like to do. Goldwave is a good
little programme for single track editing and your money would be well spent.
However, if you are looking into doing serious audio
work...multitracking, complex efects chains, adaptability with
various sorts of vst plugins...Reaper may also be worth the investment.
If you're new to multitrack editing, you could certainly start with
Audacity. It is free and unlike goldwave it does have true multitrack
capability.

From: Craig Cooper [mailto:craigcooper2013@...]
To: main <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Monday, April 20, 2020, 2:57 PM
Subject: Goldwave or Audacity?
Greetings,
Which of these two audio editing programs would you recommend? I have
used both a bit. I am using JAWS 2019 with a new laptop, running Windows 10.
Which program is better in terms of being user-friendly, working well
with JAWS, the ability to easily adjust levels for mixing voice and
music beds, etc.?
Thank you for your advice.
Regards,
Craig