moderated Re: Is there an easy way (or an extension for) sending a URL as a shortcut to the desktop with Firefox and JAWS?

The only currently maintained Firefox Add-On I can find that has functionality similar to DeskCut is QuickCut.

I have not used it, and it appears to put a menu item into the Firefox menu, "Save Link."  I have no idea if it's accessible or not, but given the simplicity of the way it's invoked, I expect it is.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss