moderated Re: Resolved/RE: Jaws problem making labels in Word 365

Van Lant, Robin

Norma,

Glad it worked.  I don’t know that it works as consistently as I’d like and the label JAWS reads aloud for that box could be better.  If you cannot get Alt A to work, try tabbing around the dialog a bit, then doing Alt A.  This seems to help.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Norma A. Boge
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 12:52 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Resolved/RE: Jaws problem making labels in Word 365

Hi Robin,

I had previously tried Alt A to get into the address field with no luck. But, I tried it just now and it did the trick. I don’t know what the problem was previously, with Office 365 and Jaws it could be any number of things. I am just so glad that you made the Alt A suggestion and it worked.

With much appreciation,

Norma

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws problem making labels in Word 365

Norma,

I’m in JAWS 2020 with Office 365.   It’s not operating as smoothly as I would like, but I’m able to read it.   It seems like JAWS loses focus a bit and also sometimes read a bit extra.  There is a shortcut key of Alt A to get to the text box where the address can be typed or appears if you hit the label option after selecting the text you  wanted in your label.   I’m not sure that I have a consistent work around and I’m heading into a meeting, but a quick answer is to use Alt A and either Insert tab or Insert up arrow to read the current line.  It seems that if I type my address into the text field in the label dialog, I can hear as I type, but I am not consistently able to reread what I typed without navigating away, using Alt A, then one of the read line options.   I’ll come back to this conversation later and see if I can help anymore later today.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws problem making labels in Word 365

I also forgot to ask, what label template?    I can try to play with this later today or this evening with JAWS and see what happens for me.  It's helpful to know exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish and how you're going about doing it.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.