moderated Re: Problem Retrieving Original Sender's E-mail Address On Groups.io E-mail Lists

Tom Behler

Bill:

I just changed my default e-mail to Outlook, and used the “reply” link at the bottom of this message to reply to the sender, who, in this case was you.

Even though Jaws initially said that the original sender’s e-mail address was unavailable, your address came up in my “to” field.

So, it looks like the reply to sender link now works, at least on this list.

I’m sending this note to the entire list, though, to let everyone know of my progress.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 7:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem Retrieving Original Sender's E-mail Address On Groups.io E-mail Lists

You can probably bring up Default Apps just by typing the word default into the search box, by pressing the Windows key. Then check if Office 365 or Outlook is your default email program.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: Problem Retrieving Original Sender's E-mail Address On Groups.io E-mail Lists

Brian:

How do I get to Windows 10 settings?

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 5:49 PM

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 04:14 PM, Tom Behler wrote:

On most groups.io e-mail lists, there is a link for “reply to sender”.  However, when I access this link, I get put into some sort of a Microsoft Edge mail app that I cannot figure out how to navigate.

You need to go into Windows 10 Settings, Apps, Default Apps, and for Email (which is the first in the list) activate the button that probably reads Windows 10 Mail App or Edge, and once activated, choose Outlook 365 instead.

In all cases, whatever you have chosen as the default e-mail app will open for a mailto: link, which is precisely what the Reply to Sender link in Groups.io messages are, with the address of the mailto: being that of the individual who wrote the message to the group.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.