moderated Re: Problem Retrieving Original Sender's E-mail Address On Groups.io E-mail Lists

Tom Behler

Richard:

Based on a helpful suggestion from another list member, I’ve discovered that you can also copy the info in the from field to the clipboard, and then paste it into your reply, after which you can delete everything else but the sender’s address.

I agree it is more work, but at least it’s doable.

I wonder why the insert shift R command has now stopped working, and if this is an Outlook or a Jaws issue?

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 5:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem Retrieving Original Sender's E-mail Address On Groups.io E-mail Lists

What I do, and maybe this is more work, but it seems to be consistent.

Hit alt+1 twice quickly to focus the from field.

Hit the application key or shift+f10 and arrow down to select all and press enter.

Hit the application key again, arrow to copy and hit enter.

What I got with this message is:

main@jfw.groups.io; on behalf of; Bill White <billwhite92701@...>; (main@jfw.groups.io via groups.io)

Obviously, you have some editing to do after that, but it works.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 2:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem Retrieving Original Sender's E-mail Address On Groups.io E-mail Lists

Hi, Tom. Neither of the two ways you mentioned for retrieving the sender's email address is always effective. What I do is to start Outlook, (this is what I use), open the message in question, and press ALT plus F, followed by the letters i, then V. After doing this, you can TAB over to where it mentions headers. The sender's email address is there, but you must arrow up and down through the information, or in some cases, tab through the information. You will know the correct line, because it will say the word "from" at the beginning of the line. The word from will not have the quotes around it. After the word from will be the person's email account name in quotes, followed by their email address enclosed in less than and greater than brackets.

The other problem you are having is that you don't have Outlook set to use your default Internet browser, so your links are opening up in Edge. Since I'm not using Office 365, I cannot tell you exactly where to go within Outlook to set it to use your default browser.

The other thing I may suggest is to make sure that Edge is not currently your default Internet Browser.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 1:15 PM
To: jfw list
Subject: Problem Retrieving Original Sender's E-mail Address On Groups.io E-mail Lists

Hello, everyone.

I am on a number of groups.io e-mail lists, and I used to be able to retrieve the original sender’s e-mail address from a message, if I wanted to respond just to that individual.

I used to be able to do this in two ways:

1.  I could do an insert shift R, but that no longer works.  I now consistently get a message that says “cannot retrieve  sender’s address”.

Or

2.  On most groups.io e-mail lists, there is a link for “reply to sender”.  However, when I access this link, I get put into some sort of a Microsoft Edge mail app that I cannot figure out how to navigate.

I’m using Windows 10 with Office 365 Outlook e-mail here, with the latest build of Jaws 2020.

Thanks for any help.

Tom Behler

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.