moderated issue with file explorer

Amy Bower

Hi again – different problem from feedback loop issue. I have shortcuts on my desktop to several folders. I find it is the quickest way to get to regularly visited folders. They haqppen to be DropBox folders, but I don’t think that should matter. The problem is that when I open the folder from the desktop, Jaws says nothing. I would expect the focus to land on the first item in the item list and Jaws would say “unselected” followed by the name of the item. But it doesn’t say anything. I have to arrow down or say line to figure out where I am. This just started happening on this new laptop I’m using, Lenovo Think pad P53 running Windows 10 and Jaws 2020. I think it also happened with Jaws 2019. Thoughts? Thanks.

-Amy B.