moderated Re: problems with mail and JAWS?

Shirley Tracy

Ashleigh, I forgot to tell you, but perhaps you already know, pressing the insert (or JAWS key) plus escape is screen update. I’m not sure if this is happening because I need to change something in settings, but I haven’t investigated further. All I know is that I can read my email messages and don’t have that other stuff—but I have to do it every time.

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 3:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; win10@win10.groups.io
Cc: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: problems with mail and JAWS?

Yes, I have had this problem. Originally, we thought it was because my window was not maximized. But it kept happening. Here’s what I figured out: When you open the message, if it’s acting goofy, like you mentioned, press the JAWS key and Escape. I don’t know why it works, but it does. You might need to give it a couple seconds, but the message will read as it should.

HTH.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 9:17 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Cc: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: problems with mail and JAWS?

Hello,

Recently, I’ve been experiencing a weird problem with Windows mail and JAWS. It’s now hit or miss as to whether JAWS will read e-mails as they’re open, bring up the thing where it says “mail start groups navigation” and a whole bunch of stuff, open the message but make it appear blank, or just crash. If I’m not making se4nse here, it doesn’t make sense to me either. However, I’m just wondering if any of you have had this issue? It’s been going on for me for quite some time but can’t really pin it on when my computer was taken into the shop for servicing/updates, and that was before I started my winter semester this year.

Thank you,

Ashleigh Piccinino

P.S. another happening with JAWS and the mail app is that I can’t reach any attachments with tabbing as JAWS just crashes. Everything’s on the latest updates, so …

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.