moderated Using JAWS to create a label for a button on a web site, which has no text label

Dave Durber

Hello everyone:

The other day, I accessed a web site, which on the whole, was very accessible.

Unfortunately, there were 2 problems. the first, was the link, which took you to the shopping basket page. This link had no text lable, to tell a user of a screen reader the purpose of the link. The link is a standard HTML coded link.

the second is a standard HTML button, which also does not have a text label. This button is for removing an item from the shopping basket.

My question is, is there a way within JAWS, where you can attach labels to specific links and buttons on an individual web site?

The link and button on this web site are not graphics

Thanks in anticipation.

Dave Durber