moderated Re: Jaws problem making labels in Word 365

Van Lant, Robin

Norma,

I’m in JAWS 2020 with Office 365.   It’s not operating as smoothly as I would like, but I’m able to read it.   It seems like JAWS loses focus a bit and also sometimes read a bit extra.  There is a shortcut key of Alt A to get to the text box where the address can be typed or appears if you hit the label option after selecting the text you  wanted in your label.   I’m not sure that I have a consistent work around and I’m heading into a meeting, but a quick answer is to use Alt A and either Insert tab or Insert up arrow to read the current line.  It seems that if I type my address into the text field in the label dialog, I can hear as I type, but I am not consistently able to reread what I typed without navigating away, using Alt A, then one of the read line options.   I’ll come back to this conversation later and see if I can help anymore later today.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 10:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws problem making labels in Word 365

I also forgot to ask, what label template?    I can try to play with this later today or this evening with JAWS and see what happens for me.  It's helpful to know exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish and how you're going about doing it.

        ~ Joshua Liebman

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114