The thing i find annoying with any of the wifi modems i get lately the password is already turned on by default to access the modem settigs.

In the past it was blank now you need sighted help to read the password under the modem.

cheers Michael.

On 15/04/2020 11:28 am, Tyler Wood wrote:

I have the google wireless nest mesh system which works, most likely, the best of any router I have ever owned, hardware wise

It’s fantastic if you happen to have a mobile device, however they do require the google WiFi app. The app itself provides everything in a fantastic and screen reader friendly area, however, and there isn’t an unlabeled button found.  However if your specific requirement is PC, unfortunately out of luck there, which is odd to me.

Hope that helps somewhat.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 7:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: An accessible router

I am quite partial to the higher-end Netgear routers but also had an Asus one and a Cisco and I don’t think I had a router in the last 10 years which didn’t get accessed via a web interface and where I couldn’t use the interface.

Too bad you guys are I think all in the US, I have a Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 triband router which I’d gladly sell for a good price, but shipping would probably be expensive.

I have switched to the Netgear Orbi mesh system both at home and, at my retail store I use the Orbi Pro/business version and this Nighthawk and my Asus RT-AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit Router for which I paid over $300 Canadian are just sitting on a shelf.