moderated Re: An accessible router

Richard Turner

Most routers these days use a web interface.
We just bought a Lynksys router and the interface is quite accessible using Jaws.
And, the one issue we ran into was dealt with easily by calling their toll free support line.
I don't remember the model number off hand.

Richard

(Sent from my iPhone SE)

C

On Apr 14, 2020, at 5:55 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

I am quite partial to the higher-end Netgear routers but also had an Asus one and a Cisco and I don’t think I had a router in the last 10 years which didn’t get accessed via a web interface and where I couldn’t use the interface.

Too bad you guys are I think all in the US, I have a Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 triband router which I’d gladly sell for a good price, but shipping would probably be expensive.

I have switched to the Netgear Orbi mesh system both at home and, at my retail store I use the Orbi Pro/business version and this Nighthawk and my Asus RT-AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit Router for which I paid over $300 Canadian are just sitting on a shelf.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 4:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: An accessible router

Hi.

A month ago I purchased a Netgear combination router and cable modem. You can use your browser of choice to access it. Sounds like you just need a router with WI-FI in it. I’m quite pleased with what I have.

Kevin Jilly and Valerie

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 5:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: An accessible router

My WIFI router has bit the dust.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a router with an accessible interface with JAWS?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.