moderated Re: Walmart.com and Jaws

Glenn / Lenny

What a sighted person sees has little to do with what we access.
They will say something is at the bottom or top right for example, and for us, it might be the middle of the page.
They usually don't know what page elements are that we access with quick keys.
So I would say that unless they work in the field of access software, that they are mostly useless when it comes to knowing how accessible a page is, especially from just looking at it.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: Walmart.com and Jaws

Very simple. If I am having no success and they look at the screen and describe what they see and it appears to be all graphical with no textual clue as to what I might do. There are arrows going off in different directions and headings that were clearly not being read as well as other visual aspects. That is why I came to this group to see what I am missing or what I can teach that person to be able to give me clues in the future when I encounter a difficult website. So, yes, a sighted person can definitely be of help if for nothing else to just describe what is seen on the screen.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 12:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Walmart.com and Jaws

How would a sighted person know if something is doable with a screenreader?

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 11:13 PM

Subject: Walmart.com and Jaws

I want to explore the possibility of ordering groceries from Walmart.com. I have the latest version of Jaws and a sighted friend says it doesn’t look doable with a screen reader to them. Is anyone using the regular part of Walmart.com or the grocery.walmart.com section with positive results? When I tried to navigate the sight, there did not seem to be  any rhyme or reason to things but I’m told visually it is laid out very clearly. Also, when I tried to search Google for any tips, I got nowhere.

NCBootMan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.