moderated Re: Walmart.com and Jaws

Judy

Hi, I’ve ordered things from Walmart before using windows 10 and jaws 19 and it worked. I used the F key to go to a search field and type in what I’m looking for specifically and it will bring it up. I was able to hit enter on the thing I wanted and add it to my cart. It took a bit of getting used to as it is a very busy page and as you said, Jaws doesn’t necessarily read things on the page where a sighted person is seeing them, but you definitely can do it. Judy & Libby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of NCBootman
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:14 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Walmart.com and Jaws

I want to explore the possibility of ordering groceries from Walmart.com. I have the latest version of Jaws and a sighted friend says it doesn’t look doable with a screen reader to them. Is anyone using the regular part of Walmart.com or the grocery.walmart.com section with positive results? When I tried to navigate the sight, there did not seem to be  any rhyme or reason to things but I’m told visually it is laid out very clearly. Also, when I tried to search Google for any tips, I got nowhere.

NCBootMan