moderated Re: I have a question about a combination headset/microphone adaptor to use with JAWS

Not sure how this works with the jack except that I think you may have to select how to use it in your Settings. However, I would recommend you use a USB headset which will give you headset and microphone together and with better quality. It also has the advantage that if you wish you can leave Jaws playing through the main soundcard since any USB headset is recognized as a separate sound device.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 3:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: I have a question about a combination headset/microphone adaptor to use with JAWS

Hi.

A month ago I got an Asus laptop. I put JAWS on it, and it works excellently. However, I have a question about it.

First, I’m not sure where to put this note, which group should have it, but I figure there would be those who know.  This computer doesn’t have a dedicated mic jack. Here’s question 1. Is there a way to learn if this PC has a combination headphone/microphone connector, and if it does, is there a splitter I can get where I could plug in headphones in one plug and a mic in the other?

Those are my questions. I’d appreciate any help, or steer me to a good list to ask my question.

Thanks.

Kevin, Jilly and Valerie