The s means that the communication is encrypted, that all it means.
The website has to get acertificate that is trusted by the browsers to
make that work.

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 18:00:50 -0400,
Glenn / Lenny wrote:

[1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
I wonder who enforces the secure in the https secure site bestowment?
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: David Diamond
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: Resources for the Blind, Low Vision or Visually Impaired Website

Call me crazy however, most websites today are putting an S in their address as in https: The claim is it shows visitors that it is a secure website, free from fishing or malware. Jerry valent does not have the S in his website address, thus myself would stay clear of it especially since he it appears is a tech and should know better.

[2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...