moderated Re: mp3 editor to word

Jim Fettgather

The IOS version of Google Keep will automatically transcribe recordings as well, it is free, and I think that you can import, I would have to check.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 3:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: mp3 editor to word

There is an iPhone and probably Android app called Just Press Record, $4.99, that tries to transcribe its own recordings, but naturally it has to be a clear recording.  I do not know if it can do that with an imported file.

I'll see if I have a file to test that on.

Richard

(Sent from my iPhone SE)

On Apr 11, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I have found a number of options for taking MP3 (and other recorded audio) and feeding it through a program to convert to text.  Mind you, you'd then have to copy that text and put it in MS-Word or Notepad or whatever, and you can be sure it won't be perfect and need massaging, but such utilities exist.  I am not going to do the deep dive research into the "how to use it" end, that's up to you.  See the following:

Julius Developed in Japan but handles multiple languages, including English
Simon Which is a user interface that overlays Julius, which would have to be installed, that may be more user friendly

Mozilla Deepspeech But this is only for the Linux platform and requires the use of the command line

        ~ Joshua Liebman