moderated Re: Searching in windows 10

Tim Ford

How would I change the default settings so that I get to contents of files, not just file names?

Tim Ford

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 10:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Searching in windows 10

If you're asking whether the Windows Search under Windows 10 can search document content and e-mail message content the answer is yes.

I know that document content is enabled as the default.  Enabling e-mail content will be dependent on the e-mail client you are using and, if memory serves, must be enabled by you once your chosen e-mail client is in place so that Windows Search knows where it's searching.

No need to apologize with regard to being used to Windows 7.  We've been anticipating a wave of new Windows 10 users after Windows 7 went out of support.

        ~ Joshua Liebman