moderated Zoom Question Re Muting Jaws

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I’m in the process of learning how to use Zoom with Jaws, and have a question that may seem elementary to some.

When in a Zoom meeting, Jaws lets me know as things are happening in the meeting, such as when new people join, who is raising their hand, etc..

This is great information to have;  but I often don’t need it when attending or participating in a meeting, since I’m typically not the main meeting organizer.

I suppose I could mute my audio via Alt A, but then people won’t be able to hear me.

I also could turn Jaws off, but that seems a bit extreme.

Any suggestions for dealing with unwanted Jaws speech during a Zoom meeting would be appreciated.

I simply don’t want to distract other meeting attendees.

Thank you.

Tom Behler