moderated Re: sound card crackles

Dan Longmore

Yes, no rhyme or reason to this and when it does occur it is out of the blue with no warning.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Pursley
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 1:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: sound card crackles

Ditto.  I had thought that my two sound card setup created the interference and warbled speech but it now seems to have another cause.  Closing and reopening JAWS does the trick.

On 4/10/2020 1:11 PM, Dan Longmore wrote:

Hi,

  In addition to what others have written I just want to add my experience.

From time to time my sound card will begin to crackle.  Dumping and re starting JAWS fixes the issue.  I have never traced what causes the problem and as it is intermittent it is hard to determine .  I am using Win 10 ,latest version, and latest release of JAWS on an HP with dedicated video memory and 16gb of memory.

No solution I know rather just a note that I have seen the issue and a JAWS re start takes care of it.

Dan