moderated Re: Chrome commands question using Windows 10 and JAWS 2020

JM Casey

You can go to chrome settings, advanced, downloads, and activate that toggle that says "ask where to save each download" or something, if you want a prompt.
Ctrl-j will also take you to your downloads "library".

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: April 10, 2020 4:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Chrome commands question using Windows 10 and JAWS 2020

Patrick,

My experience with Chrome is that when I click on a download link, the file is downloaded without any confirmation. The way to find out if it's arrived in your system is to press shift-F6. If it's there, JAWS will speak its name. Assuming your default is your downloads folder, you can also navigate to that folder and confirm.

Robin answered your other question. I'd add that control-F4 closes an individual window for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Patrick Johnson
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 9:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Chrome commands question using Windows 10 and JAWS 2020

Good morning group,

I am using Chrome on a Windows 10 machine with JAWS 2020 and I am having trouble with the following tasks which I had no problem completing using Firefox (which has gone completely flaky on my laptop).
Opening a file on a web page. In Firefox I could click a file link and I would be given the option to open or save the file. Chrome does not give me this option. According to web searches using CTRL+Enter and/or SHIFT+Enter should do the trick. Neither option works for me.

Closing a window and/or going back to the previous window. In Firefox I could use the File, Close Window to complete this task. As an example after performing a Google search I click on a result and after reading it I want to go back to the results page. Web searches have not turned up any viable solutions.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Patrick

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.