moderated Re: What navigation key should I use for the any link key

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

The tab key isn’t limited to links. It also takes you through some form controls. The Inee Linkee is very easy and responsive, especially if you set it up the way I have it where I don’t even have to take my hand off the home Road to use it.

On Apr 10, 2020, at 2:57 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Can somebody tell me how having a quick nav key for Any Link differs from using tab?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 10:59 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What navigation key should I use for the any link key

I am an old Window-Eyes user, so I dumped the List hot key, which was l and made it the any link key.

I seldom if ever want to jump to the next list…

Its really up to your own preference.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 10:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What navigation key should I use for the any link key

Hi Luke,

Press, Insert + F2, to open the Jaws manager and navigate to, Navigate Quick Keys, and press enter.  In here is where you can either add or change your key assignments.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
 *My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 9:03 AM

Subject: What navigation key should I use for the any link key

Hi! My first post here I have dabbled with JAWS before in which it seems a long time ago. Most of that previous info is gone. I have been a NVDA user for the last while. I’m taking advantage of the  free download of JAWS so I can learn a second screenreader. I found it a little frustrating that if I wanted to skip through just links I potentially had to use 2 different buttons. I’m talking about the unvisited and visited buttons. So I did some googling and yay! I came across info about the anylink option.  I am thinking I am going to make the anylink key the K button  and move the place marker key to the J button but, what should I do with the jump to line command which is J at the moment? It seems all the letter navigation keys are taken. I could be wrong about that though. I don’t have any plans on using the jump to line feature at the moment so burying it somewhere doesn’t bother me that much. I’m also open To hear in which what navigation key you used for the Anylink key                 

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.