moderated Re: Would someone share a default.jdf file, please?

Leo

well, I know that English language represent a challenge when it comes to how synthesizers pronounce homophones, but I believe I was misunderstood.

All I want is someone willing to share their default.jfd file, of course, assuming that as an native English speaker has already added the correct pronunciation in many cases.

For example, if you guys try to read the following word using eloquence, and then try to read it using vocalizer, you'll notice the difference.

the word is

voila

Best,
   Leo
On 4/9/2020 9:45 PM, Adrian Spratt wrote:

Marie,

Interestingly, my Dectalk Express synthesizer read “read” correctly both times in your example, that is, present tense first, then past tense. Whoever is behind this engine, or possibly the JAWS pronunciation itself, figured out a way to tell a synthesizer when to read certain words a certain way. Not all words work as well. “Polish” comes to mind. Whether it’s the surface smoother or a person from Poland, the pronunciation is the same.