moderated Chrome commands question using Windows 10 and JAWS 2020

Patrick Johnson

Good morning group,

I am using Chrome on a Windows 10 machine with JAWS 2020 and I am
having trouble with the following tasks which I had no problem
completing using Firefox (which has gone completely flaky on my
laptop).
Opening a file on a web page. In Firefox I could click a file link
and I would be given the option to open or save the file. Chrome does
not give me this option. According to web searches using CTRL+Enter
and/or SHIFT+Enter should do the trick. Neither option works for me.

Closing a window and/or going back to the previous window. In Firefox
I could use the File, Close Window to complete this task. As an
example after performing a Google search I click on a result and after
reading it I want to go back to the results page. Web searches have
not turned up any viable solutions.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Patrick