moderated Re: kindle books conversion to plain text files

Sue,

In order for Codex to successfully convert Kindle books to plain text, you need to install Version: 1.17.1 (44183) of the Kindle for PC program on your computer and set it not to automatically update. If it updates to a later version, Codex will no longer work with Kindle books downloaded with it. I successfully installed version 1.17 after inadvertently updating my Kindle for PC on my Windows 7 computer and was able to successfully convert a Kindle book to ePub with Codex.

You can download version 1.17 of Kindle for PC from here:

http://turner42.com/KindleForPC-installer-1.17.44183.exe

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sue J. Ward
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 4:40 PM
To: jaws list
Subject: kindle books conversion to plain text files

Hello. I noticed a post in reading kindle books using jaws don't know if it has been posted to the web training on demand yet, think it is going to be covered this Thursday April 9. I was wondering if you download books from the kindle store and you want to convert them so you can read in notepad what does everyone use since back in 2016 codex worked really well on my machine it does not work anymore, and since we are in the year 2020 what other programs can you use to convert the books from the kindle format to a plain text file? Thanks for any help.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.