From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:30 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: kindle books conversion to plain text files

What version and how do you get it?
And how does codex work?
Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Goldfield
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hello. Codex continues to work but in order to use it you must use an earlier version of the Kindle for PC software which will not work at all with screen readers. This is a tradeoff I am willing to make as I have no desire to be tethered to my computer in order to read a book and prefer to use my iPhone. However, for several reasons I acknowledge that this is not an ideal situation for some people and that being able to use a Windows computer to read Kindle content may be preferable and even necessary.

On 4/7/2020 5:40 PM, Sue J. Ward wrote:
Hello. I noticed a post in reading kindle books using jaws don't know
if it has been posted to the web training on demand yet, think it is
going to be covered this Thursday April 9. I was wondering if you
download books from the kindle store and you want to convert them so
you can read in notepad what does everyone use since back in 2016
codex worked really well on my machine it does not work anymore, and
since we are in the year 2020 what other programs can you use to
convert the books from the kindle format to a plain text file? Thanks
for any help.