moderated How do I make it so I don't have to hit the FN key on an Asus Laptop.

Kevin Minor

Hi.

To keep this on topic, I’m using JAWS 2020 on the latest Windows 10 PC. It’s an Asus laptop. I don’t remember the model, but it has 16 GB of RAM, a 512 GB SSD, and an 11 inch touch screen. It also has that dreaded FN key, and that is annoying, because you have to hit it along with the function keys to work with some JAWS functions. I have a nice Logitech Bluetooth keyboard that has a numeric keypad, and I made it so the FN key isn’t needed to hit the function keys to do things like have JAWS tell you the time. How do I disable it?

I have one other question. The laptop keyboard doesn’t have a numeric pad, so you use a combination of keys to accomplish something, such as FN+LEFT ARROW is the equivalent of the HOME key. If I make it so the FN key is no longer necessary, would that key combination no longer work?

Thanks in advance for help.

Kevin and Jilly, and Valerie who is practicing social distancing from her home