moderated Re: Outlook problem with number of messages

Same here, I am using the March update of Jaws 2020 and I use Office 365 as well, the regular public version on this laptop, the Office Insider monthly build on my work PC and Jaws reports messages in Outlook correctly.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 7:14 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook problem with number of messages

I’ve not had any real issues with Jaws 2020 and Microsoft 365.

The outlook thing of saying 0 messages is random, and seems to happen if I go to fast from launching it, to navigating in the inbox.

I can’t quite nail down the sequence, but if I exit Outlook, launch it again and wait a few seconds until I know it has had time to download the messages, it works flawlessly.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Mladek
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 6:35 AM

ON my side, all latest from all apps discussed... Outlook/MS Office, Jaws etc.

I often stop using version 2020 and go back to 2019 which does hald most issues...

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 8:52 AM

You did not say white version of jaws you are using, but I am using the latest version and for the last two updates from Freedom scientific I have had a number of issues with outlook. I have written on other lists about them so we’re not going to detail here but all I’m saying is it’s probably a jaws related issue and hopefully the April update will fix that

On Apr 6, 2020, at 8:27 AM, John Doering <john.doering@...> wrote:

Hello:

This problem started around 2 weeks ago with one folder, but now seems to be  spreading to  the whole Outlook folder list.

Outlook is now reporting the wrong number of messages in a folder.

For example, when I am in the folder list and read the line:

In Box 3 messages

But when I go to the message  list it says zero items and there are no messages.

If I hit the JAWS key page down, it still says 3 messages.

Any ideas about what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.