moderated Re: Zoom conference

Tim Ford

Hello Justin,

I just went through my initial trip to the Zoom platform, and there are some good things to do before the call.

Follow the meeting link in the email invitation; if you don’t have that, ask the meeting coordinator to send one.

Tab until you get to the meeting link on the web page and press enter.  Since this is before the meeting, you will get an alert to that effect.  Tab to the audio control icon and press enter.  Tab through those buttons to test your headphones and microphone.  Using headphones is a good idea if you want to be able to use JAWS during the conference.  On keyboard commands, the mute button would be one to know; I don’t know off the top of my head.

You can then log out and log back in when the meeting is starting, or you can leave the web page up and you will be alerted when the meeting starts.

I found the experience quite good.  JAWS said some stuff, alerts on joining or leaving the meeting, whether my mike was muted or not.  The audio was very good, the other 3 participants sounding like they were sitting near each other.  Much nicer than a standard phone call.

Sincerely,

Tim Ford