moderated Re: Forcing Google Chrome to open PDFs with Adobe

Mike B

Hi Cher,

I'm late to this thread and I'm sorry if I'm repeating something that has already been mentioned.  Try having the PDF files downloaded so you can read them with Adobe instead of Chrome opening them, steps are below.
1. Press, Alt + F, to open the Chrome context menu, and up arrow to, Settings, and press enter.  Or press, Alt + F, then press the letter, S, to open the menu / settings.
2. Tab to, Privacy & Security link, press enter, then tab to Site Settings link, press enter.
3. Now tab 25 times or so to, link PDF Documents, press enter, tab 1 time to, Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome Toggle button, and press your spacebar so that Jaws reports, Pressed Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome Toggle button.
Note:  It's very important that you hear the word, PRESSED, because this means this setting is turned on.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: Forcing Google Chrome to open PDFs with Adobe

Cher,

Preess alt-f to go to the menu and then to settings.
Press the search button and in the editfield fill in: pdf.
In the search results there is a pdf option.

Regards, marten

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 19:32:53 -0400 "Sherri" <flmom2006@...> wrote:

> I don't understand even how to get into chrome's menu.  Do I open chrome first?  All I find is the context menu.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Sherri
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason White via groups.io
> Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 6:17 PM
> To: main@jfw.groups.io
> Subject: Re: Forcing Google Chrome to open PDFs with Adobe
>
> For most of the PDF files that I read, the PDF reader included in Google Chrome gives better results than Adobe Reader DC. Of course, this may vary depending on the nature of the PDF files that you receive.
>
> ?On 4/1/20, 15:57, "Marten Post Uiterweer" <main@jfw.groups.io on behalf of martenpu@...> wrote:
>
>     Cher,
>
>     Have you unchecked the option in chrome to open pdf's?
>     Go to Chrome menu with alt-f, settings and search for the word: pdf
>     You can uncheck the option to open pdf.
>
>     Regards, marten
>
>
>     On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 14:54:31 -0400 "Don & Cher" <oneagleswings1@...> wrote:
>
>     > Just checked- and I already have .pdfs set to download. There must be something else I'm missing right now. I'll see if I can pin it down. Thanks everyone for all the good efforts.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Cher
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pramit
>     > Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:14 AM
>     > To: main@jfw.groups.io
>     > Subject: Re: Forcing Google Chrome to open PDFs with Adobe
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > To open the PDF in Adobe instead of Chrome follow the steps below
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Press ALT + F to open chrome menu and scroll down to settings.
>     > Tab to "Privacy and security" hit enter.
>     > Tab to "Site Settings" and Enter
>     > Now tab down under Permissions and keep scrolling down until you get PDF documents
>     > Use to space bar to toggle ON "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome"
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > This will download the PDF files instead of opening it directly in your browser.
>     >
>     > And from the downloads you can open these pdf files with Adobe.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Pramit
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 5:35 AM Don & Cher <oneagleswings1@... <mailto:oneagleswings1@...> > wrote:
>     >
>     > Where can I find a setting to tell Chrome to open PDFS in Adobe instead of the browser? Thanks very much for your assist ??
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Cher
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.