moderated Re: Microsoft Excel

Van Lant, Robin

Be aware that you do not want to have dollar signs in your formula if you are trying to copy them down the Colum. A $ sign in front of a number or letter in a cell reference tells excel to always look at that particular cell, even if the formula is copied to another place.   So, if I have a formula to add the content of column A and column b and place the answer in Column c, my formula might be =A1+B1.  This would corrected adjust to =a2+b2 if you copy and past the formula into C2. 

Robin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 10:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Microsoft Excel

Hi friends,

I Have a formula in cell b2.

I Want that same formula to apply to the whole column b.

Is there an easy way to do that please?

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.