moderated Re: What's your thought on using Grammarly with Jaws

Michael Munn

Hi y'all, thanks for all of the feedbacks above about Grammarly. I installed the extension just to enhance my assignment via the quick way. I Like all of you members I also know how to speak English but I'm horrible at writing. I can comment post on Facebook ok but If a teacher assign me an essay then It will take me 3-7 days to complete than  average students. English is not my native language.

Again, Thanks so much.

Best regards

Michael Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

www.nfbv.org

www.hadley.edu

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 12:10 AM Angel <angel238@...> wrote:

I have been blind for above 65 years, now.  I, and those scholars with whom I was taught, learned grade I Braille in the first grade; and learned grade II Braille beginning in the second grade.  There, of course, the most ambitious ones of us, learned grade III Braille.  Which served better for taking Braille notes with the slate and stylus.  I have found, poor spelling had little or nothing at all to do with whether the Braille code was abridged.  Rather, it had to do with the child’s propensity to spell properly.  As a fluent Braille reader:  For above 60 years, and being totally blind longer than those number of years:  I find I and those with whom I matriculated pictured the word in question, as I assume sighted people do.  When writing the printed word.  I assume you do the same thing.  When you write the embossed word.  The word is pictured as written in grade II Braille.  If one uses this method:  It makes no difference in what form the word is written.  However, either using grade II or III Braille serves its purpose, regardless in which language it is written.  As it minimizes the space taken to write the code, and speeds up the reading process.  Also causing the writing of the code to be much speedier.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10