moderated Re: Forcing Google Chrome to open PDFs with Adobe

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Don and Cher. I was wrong in my last message. I just hadn’t found out how to cause PDF’s to be handled in a way other than to be opened in Google Chrome. I am right in that you cannot cause Google Chrome to open files in Adobe. However if you do the following, you can cause them to be downloaded, instead of opening in the browser.

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Go to Settings.

3. Arrow down to Site Settings and press ENTER.

4. Go to Privacy and Security. TAB until you get to the PDF documents link and press ENTER.

5. Now choose the  Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome button, and press SPACE.

Now, if you encounter a PDF file on a web page, you can download it, then view it in Adobe.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...