Re: Repairing JAWS 13

dave grossoehme

Rick I also use MSE and had no problem installing the newest update of Jaws13. As I recall it's has been said that you might have to shut down a program like AVG. Good luck.
Your Friend Dave

From: <rixmix2009@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:33 AM
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Subject: Re: Repairing JAWS 13

I have installed the JAWS update on a desktop running Windows 7 Ultimate without incident.

But when installing the update on my Netbook running Windows XP, I did encounter something different.
I was using the update through JAWS feature.
And when it came to the certain downloading point, my antivirus program, the latest AVG 2012, hung up, suspecting the JAWS executable file was a threat.
After a moment or 2 of o dear me, I went ahead and said to Allow.

Seemingly, the update worked with no other problem and the perceived threat was of no consequence.

BTW, on the desktop running Windows 7, I am using Microsoft Security Essentials.

But I wonder if anyone else had this.
Or if my trusting ways could have hurt me.

Thanks.
Rik