moderated Re: email is an image of text. How do I read it?

Van Lant, Robin

I have also tried saving the whole email message as a pdf by selecting Microsoft print to PDF on in the printer dialog box.  Then I use JAWS OCR on a pdf or Kurzweil 1000 to scan it.  Sadly, many of these images are so graphics rich that the scan is hit or miss. I might call AIRA or Be My Eyes on it if I think it’s really important.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 3:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: email is an image of text. How do I read it?

Here are the commands for Convenient OCR which I got by pressing insert+spacebar, then o then QuestionMark.

The following commands are available in the OCR layer.
Acquire and OCR a print document from a Scanner or Freedom Scientific Camera such as PEARL, using the letter A.
OCR a scanned PDF Document opened in Acrobat Reader using the letter D.
From Windows Explorer, you can OCR any Image File using the letter F.
From the computer screen itself, you can OCR a Control with C, Window with W, or the entire Screen with S.

You can press Q to quit or cancel an OCR job.

And, in case this is needed, the Picture Smart commands are:

The following commands are available in the Picture Smart layer.

Acquire and describe an image from a Scanner or Freedom Scientific Camera such as PEARL, using the letter A.

From Windows Explorer, you can describe any image file using the letter F.

From the computer screen or application, you can describe a Control with the letter C.

An image on the clipboard can be described using the letter B.

An image can be described by saving it to the "PictureSmart" directory in your User's "Pictures" folder.

Richard