moderated Re: email is an image of text. How do I read it?

Van Lant, Robin

I have also tried saving the whole email message as a pdf by selecting Microsoft print to PDF on in the printer dialog box.  Then I use JAWS OCR on a pdf or Kurzweil 1000 to scan it.  Sadly, many of these images are so graphics rich that the scan is hit or miss. I might call AIRA or Be My Eyes on it if I think it’s really important.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 3:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: email is an image of text. How do I read it?

Here are the commands for Convenient OCR which I got by pressing insert+spacebar, then o then QuestionMark.

The following commands are available in the OCR layer.
Acquire and OCR a print document from a Scanner or Freedom Scientific Camera such as PEARL, using the letter A.
OCR a scanned PDF Document opened in Acrobat Reader using the letter D.
From Windows Explorer, you can OCR any Image File using the letter F.
From the computer screen itself, you can OCR a Control with C, Window with W, or the entire Screen with S.

You can press Q to quit or cancel an OCR job.

And, in case this is needed, the Picture Smart commands are:

The following commands are available in the Picture Smart layer.

Acquire and describe an image from a Scanner or Freedom Scientific Camera such as PEARL, using the letter A.

From Windows Explorer, you can describe any image file using the letter F.

From the computer screen or application, you can describe a Control with the letter C.

An image on the clipboard can be described using the letter B.

An image can be described by saving it to the "PictureSmart" directory in your User's "Pictures" folder.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stan Holdeman
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 2:22 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: email is an image of text. How do I read it?

Friends: Using W10 and J2020 last updated

I have an email in which the text is apparently an image of text. What is the best way to get it into radable form?

I assume convenient OCR is the way, but I am badly fumbling with it.

Stan

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.