moderated How to Read Kindle Books with Jaws Keyboard Commands

Ed Culpepper

I am not able to read Kindle books using Jaws keyboard commands. For example, I cannot use “Say All” (Jaws command Insert + down arrow) to read continuously. I have to use the Kindle command (Shift + spacebar) to toggle continuous reading on and off. With Kindle commands I can’t read word-by- word or other reading methods that would be possible with Jaws commands. I am missing something, but I have no idea what. I am running Jaws 2020, Windows 10 with latest updates. My Kindle for PC is version 1.28.0 (57030) updated 2/28/2020. I keep reading that Jaws is now able to read Kindle books with Jaws keyboard commands and that the Kindle Accessibility Plug-in is no longer needed. I want to be able to read and study Kindle books more efficiently. Please help.

and that the Kindle Accessibility Plug-in is no longer needed. I want to be able to read and study Kindle books more efficiently. Please help.

J Edward Culpepper, PhD

Huntsville, Alabama