moderated Re: Need to extend jFW functionality by scripts, how to do it efficiently

Mario

it is not recommended to append your scripts to the default scripts anymore. instead, write them in the my extensions.jss file (actually, the file name does not have a space between my and extensions.).

the following are two responses about this by Mike B:

When I add a script to My Extensions I do it manually because other info regarding the script needs to be added as well, then I put the whole file into the default and compile.  I can't explain this very well, but I'll send this message to someone that can.  In the meantime there's a download link below for 2 tutorials regarding the My Extensions & scripts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vawsaear5lvks02/My%20Extensions%20Tutorials%2C%202%20Parts.zip?dl=1

Here's a little better explanation.  When I want to add or modify a script I do the following.
1. Open the Jaws Manager, with, Insert + F2, & open the Scripts Manager.
2. With the Script Manager open press, Alt + F, for the file menu & press the letter, E, to open the Shared File folder, shift + tab into the list of shared folders, & navigate to the, My Extensions JSS file.
3. Open the My Extensions JSS file, press, Control + A to select all the contents, then paste the contents of the clipboard into Notepad.  In Notepad is where I do all my editing and when I get all my editing done, I copy all the content of the Notepad text to the clipboard, then I use the steps from #2 above to go back to the My Extensions.JSS file, open it and delete the contents, Paste my edited text, and now compile.  This way my default JKM file stays
in tact and now the same keystroke opens the menu list without screwing with the default JKM file that's already in place.

-------- Original Message --------
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Monday, March 30, 2020, 12:42 PM
Subject: Need to extend jFW functionality by scripts, how to do it efficiently
Hello!

I want to write some scripts for JAWS, then share them with others.
These scripts shall work with all applications, but I don’t want to
break other peoples customizations, so putting this in the default file
is out of the question. What else can I do?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.