From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of David
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:35 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Repairing JAWS 13

Hello there;
Here's another way you could perform a jaws repair.

1. Place a copy of the Jaws executible version that you want to repair into
the main root of the " C " drive.
For example;
If you are running Jaws13 most recent you would paste a copy of "
J13.0.718-32bit.exe " into the main root of the " C " drive.

2. With the Jaws " .exe " pasted into the "C" drive, highlight the " .exe ",
and press F2 as if you were going to edit this line of text. now press
control+C=copy to copy this Jaws executible, press escape to close the
control+edit
field, and press Alt + F4 to close the C drive.
What you want to do is place just the title of the Jaws version into the
Windows Run Dialogue box and not the file. If you were to place the Jaws
executible into the Run box without copying as you did as per the
instructions above you would have pasted the whole file into the Run Box
instead of just the title.
3. Now that you have just the title copied to the clipboard, press
Windows-key+R=run to open the Run Dialogue Box. Type, remember to type
Windows-key+a
capitalC ,"
C:\ " without the quotes or
spaces and press control + V to paste the Jaws title, press your end key to
take the cursor to the end of the title and type in the following " /type
repair" without the quotes but, with the spaces . Below is what your line
of text should look / read like.

C:\J13.0.718-32bit.exe /type repair

Read character by character to make sure you have put in the proper spaces,
Forward & back slashes and text. press the home key to go to the front of
the title and press enter to start the repair.