moderated Re: zoom chat

David Diamond

Not to sound too stupid, however, does the other person you are calling need an ID # to answer or does it in fact act like making a face time call?  I’ve only used Zoom to join meetings and when someone was helping me with setting up zoom yesterday I had to type in an ID # to talk to him.  Sounds complicated I know.  I talked to him on my landline first and then he kept the landline opened and called me via zoom. However, I needed to keep Zoom opened as well, then had to punch in the ID #.  Thus if I had not been talking to him on the phone, I would had not known he was calling via Zoom as there was no alert.