moderated Re: Need help with Blackboard

Anna Givens

Here are some very useful links that your friend can use. The first one is the link to sign up for an email list for blind high school and college students but anyone can sign up for it on there you can ask questions and get answers from thousands of students who use blackboard and other things like that they should be very helpful in asking about blackboard or asking specific questions.
The second link is a link to their Facebook group where you can also ask questions and get information about blackboard or anything else. The third one is a Facebook group for university students parents and teachers who are blind and another good resource and place to ask questions about accessibility and school related things. Hope some of this helps. If not feel free to have your friend reach out to me via email and I will connect them with someone who uses blackboard with Jaws.

Anna

On Mar 28, 2020, at 2:51 PM, Shan Noyes <noyes01@...> wrote:

A few years back I worked with a consultant and blackboard to make it more accessible our work used chrome as well as voiceover on an iPad so I would try them and stay away from i.e. have a good day everyone
On Mar 28, 2020, at 9:50 AM, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I have a friend who is taking a class and most of the work is being
done through Blackboard. She struggling a lot with the accessibility
or lack of it. She has both jaws and nvda for screen readers. Does
anyone have any tips or would be willing to help her?

I have no experience with blackboard and so am not much help to her.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly