moderated Re: Accessibility of Vlc with Jaws?

Mario

JM, I'm curious, what plugins did you get rid of to make Winamp a bit more stable, and what other things did you do?

-------- Original Message --------
From: JM Casey [mailto:jmcasey@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 9:21 AM
Subject: Accessibility of Vlc with Jaws?
Hey David.

Regarding winamp, there were a few things I did to set it up that made
it work better – iE, getting rid of some dead plugins. I also use
windows now to add stuff to playlists instead of doing this within the
programme itself; it seems a bit more stable. Anyway, nothing wrong with
having multiple players on your computer, either – I use VLC for video;
winamp for audio (keep considering switching to foobar and not doing it).

As for the VLC preferences, I used to be able to do what you are
describing. For quite some time now though, opening preferences (or in
fact any of the other dialogue screens) does not give any feedback at
all. As far as I know they are visually open, but screen-readers say
nothing. I don’t know when this started but I feel like it was prior to
the latest version being installed, which I have done. There must be
some setting that has altered which is not revealing this info to my
screen0-reader, but I am really not sure what it could be or what I must
change. Would be nice, though, if I knew.