moderated Re: Microsoft Word has gone crazy

Richard Turner

Was it a document you received via Email?

If so, it may be in Protected View.

Often you can enable editing, assuming it is from a trusted source, by hitting f6 until you get a dialog that says something like, be careful, files from the internet can contain viruses.

Tab and there should be a button to enable editing.

Or, sometimes, you just need to go from read only to print view.

Same f6 will get you there.

Richard