From: Adrian Spratt [mailto:Adrian@...]
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 6:00 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: How to create a message rule in Outlook 2010 for the new list

Greg,

I’m sorry for that lack of clarity.

As you’re finding, you must create a new folder where you want messages from this list to go, unless you have an existing folder where they can go. So, to clarify:

Before creating a message rule, create a folder in Outlook 2010. If you need suggestions on how to do this, please post again. (You can create a folder in the message rule dialog, but it adds a complication.) Once in the message rule dialog, you’ll be asked if you want messages sent to a specific folder and, if so, the name of that folder. A browse option will appear.

I referred to JFW as the text I used to complete the “To” field. This is in the section where you state the conditions,  that is, which part of a message the rule applies to.

I hope this solves the problem.